Friday, May 27, 2011

Them

I've always lived inside the walls.

I asked the big people, including my mommy and daddy, but they always told me they would let me know when I was old enough. I listen, though. I often hear weird sounds and bangs. When people go missing, it is often because of "them."

On a hot day in my tenth summer, my daddy told me it was time. We walked towards the wall and they dropped a ladder. We climbed up.

The weird sounds were really loud, now. I looked over the wall to the large world outside. What I noticed was the gray skin, the gnashing teeth, and the wounds in their skin.

It was then that I realizd that the "them" were once us and they were hungry.

(This story is credited to a person called Richard.)

9 comments:

  1. What the fuck did I just read?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. someones view born in a safezone in the zompoc

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ Perhaps.

    Why the fuck would they go out though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea could have been more elaborated... seems rather vague and the ending was quite disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they where like ontop of they wall

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...where they rats?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...
    Are people this fucking stupid?
    They are a family in a safe zone, once she turned ten they decided to show her the reality of where people were; the undead outside the safe zone, zombies, you know?

    Fucking morons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wish at the end it said" that day humanity received
    a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the Titans.

    ReplyDelete